WHY DAVID CITY?
David City (La Ciudad de David) is the third largest city in the country of Panama and the capital of the Chiriquí province. It is a very convenient stop-over point for several important destinations within Chiriquí, such as the flower and coffee highlands of Boquete and Cerro Punta. It is also located a 1 hour bus ride from the Paso Canoas border of Costa Rica. You can also go and leave Bocas del Toro through David City.
David City has all the conveniences of any major city. The Purple House Hostel is located in the growing commercial district of San Mateo and is very conveniently located for all of your traveling needs. Here are just some of the things you can get done while you are visiting our fine city:
- Go to a 24 hour Casino
- See a new movie (many are in English with Spanish subtitles) in the cinema for about $4.00
- Go to the Post Office to mail packages or send postcards
- Receive a DHL/FED EX Package (great for lost credit cards or airline tickets!)
- Speak to a live Bank Teller to sort out that banking problem or change a traveler check.
- Western Union - Get friends and family to send you CASH!
- Go to a Travel Agency
- Visit English speaking doctors at the best hospital in the Chiriqui & Bocas del Toro Provinces
- Visit excellent English speaking dentists
- Go shopping for difficult to find items (like a lost camera or a new laptop)
- Use the cheap air-conditioned internet cafes to talk on Skype or upload all your fotos to your blog or facebook. (Most are only $1.00 per hour!) (although if you are staying with us, the wifi is free!)
- Play Billiards (Pool)
- Work-out in a modern air-conditioned GYM located just a 30 second walk from the hostel. Only $4.00 for the full day!
- Get a hair-cut, bikini wax, manicure, pedicure....
- See a Baseball or Soccer Game (depends on the season)
- Go to natural HOT SPRINGS!
- Go to a musical concert
- Go to cool rock formations and jump in a natural river!
- Rent a car
- Get a Massage or Spa Treatment
- Get a new pair of glasses or contact lenses
- Fill a prescription in a pharmacy.
- Visit a rum factory or a museum
- Go to Church! (contact us for specific information)
- Make a day trip to the highlands of Boquete
- Eat fast food (McDonalds, Dominos Pizza , and KFC all deliver)
- Eat fine food in upscale Restaurants (we even have Sushi here!)
- Take Dance Lessons and go party at a disco the same night!
- Take Private Spanish Lessons ($5.00 dollars per hour)
- Dip into a neighboring hotel's pool ($2.00 for the day)
- Use our refreshing Splash Pad absolutely free!
- Make a day trip to therapeutic hotsprings, a river or a beach.
- Escape the rain. Yes, it rains in David at times during the rainy season, but even in the rainy season where it is very wet in other parts of the country you will still have many sunny days with no rain whatsoever.
- Sweat your butt off. (Oh, did we forget to mention that David City is considered to be the hottest city in the country?)
HERE IS THE WEATHER FOR DAVID CITY:
Please feel free to contact us in advance of your trip, should you have any specific questions about the area and Panama in general. We will do our best to find the information for you, so you can plan your trip better!